Our Sustainability Commitment
Earth Day 2022 Announcement!
For as long as I can remember, I have been a nature lover. I remember, as a kid, begging the nature loving adults I knew to take me with them on their adventures. When I was 10, I won a scholarship to Sunship Earth, a sleepaway camp through Halifax Rec, where I learned about the natural world... and had to have leeches removed and a little first aid for falling out of a tree that I managed to nap in. It was one of the best times of my life!
This is all to say, nature and I have had a long beautiful relationship with each other. I respect her and want to protect her so future generations can enjoy her and live healthy lives because of her.
That's why Simple Rituals Skincare has become a very proud sponsor of the Nova Scotia Nature Trust-- an organization committed to protecting Nova Scotia’s outstanding natural legacy through land conservation. From Earth Day 2022 to 2023, with every single purchase, 5% of revenues will be donated to NSNT for them to continue their incredibly important work.
(Picture is at the Pennant Conservation Lands, near Tanner Falls--marked as Conservation Land in 2018)
- All of our liquid products come in refillable and recyclable glass bottles.
- We offer a local bottle exchange
- Our 3 Daily Rituals products (Cleanse, Mist & Nourish) come in an aluminum refill that will fully refill our glass bottles 3 times.
- If we have to use bubble wrap or any type of plastic packaging, we reuse the stuff that our ingredients and packaging came in.
- We source as many organic and biodynamic ingredients as we can.
- We give back to our community through various initiatives such as our Giving Tuesday fundraiser which raised enough funds to gift 19 x 3 Daily Rituals bundles to the current residents of Adsum House for Women & Children
- We are currently working on a project to give all year in 2022. Stay tuned!
- We believe that money should never be a barrier to being able to care for yourself so often barter our skincare for other products and services.
- We also have offered our products at a discount when the right circumstances have allowed us.
We're always looking for ways to improve our reach in these areas. Should you have a great idea or suggestion, we would love to hear from you! Please email us at -